Tuesday, August 30, 2005

08/30/2005 - BUSY BEE...

Tuesdays right now are very busy days for me. I attend all day work-sessions that usually last until 6:00pm or later. I thought about blowing off the blog today but it is only 5:00pm and I thought I'd take just a moment to check in.

Well - as was feared, Hurricane Katrina caused a lot of damage and took several lives - I haven't even seen a stable estimate yet of the number of deaths related to the storm. But whether the number is 1 or 100 - we should take a moment to think about and pray for the friends and loved ones who now have to figure out how to adjust to a life without them. Pray also for peace and comfort for all that have lost property and the necessities like electricity and clean water that we enjoy and so often take for granted.

...
...
...

I heard from my friend James today. It was excellent timing because I was beginning to wonder and almost worry about him. He was nowhere near the gulf coast (to my knowledge) but since returning from China I had only heard from him twice. This is unusual for James. I thought on my drive in from work this morning that I might have to call his mother to see if she had heard from him! But when he called, I found out today that he is still in San Francisco getting over a bronchial infection of sorts. His plans are to return to Alaska in the next day or two and then off to explore colleges! I'm so proud of him!

I have a planned "family night" tonight with my wife and kids so I'm gonna make this real short and head home. I got my inbox cleared for the day and feel pretty caught up on things at the office.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start and then just keeps getting better!

WOOF ya later!
- bbw

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:01 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete