Tuesday, December 05, 2006

12/05/2006 - BUSY DAZE, ER... DAYS...

WOW! December already!!! In some ways it is very exciting and in other ways, I am sad to see another year already gone.

Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL this year as we had a house FULL of family and friends - and I mean FULL!!! And in truth, I had two Thanksgivings this year. The first was the weekend before actual Thanksgiving. I traveled with my bf to visit his family, including his children who drove in from West Virginia to see us! Since they are living so far away now - we also celebrated an early Christmas with them. It was a lot of fun for everyone and the kids seemed really happy to get to spend the time with us. Of course, getting gifts was really cool too!

After returning to Texas, Al and I spent actual Thanksgiving Day at home with my wife and kids and even my oldest son came home with his girlfriend, plus my nieces came and several family friends. Like I said - the house was full! And where there's a lot of people - there's also a lot of food - including two turkeys, a ham and loads of potatoes, vegetables, pies and more! Dontcha just love the holidays! And here comes Christmas!!!! LOL

My daughter and youngest son have both been working a lot so that keeps them pretty busy but recently my son participated with Al and I in a charity art show/auction. We each went in and created a piece for installation on a Thursday night (during the ice storm in Dallas!) and then went back for the auction on Friday. It was very exciting and was the first such experience for my son. He was really pumped up about the whole event and process. The couple who purchased his painting wanted to meet him and took pictures with him and his artwork at the end of the show. He was really flying high at the end of the night. It was a wonderful thing for a dad to watch! He’s already looking forward to doing it again next year! (so am I)

So now I’m trying to get all of my gifts bought and wrapped, and cards written, stamped and mailed. If I can get all that done by the 25th that will be quite an achievement. I’m sure I’ll get MOST of it done.

I’ll leave you now with thoughts of joy, peace and love. I hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful Christmas holiday and a SUPER New Year! With any luck and some effort – I’ll get a chance to see you in person in 2007!

Until then – peace to you all!

WOOF ya later!
~ bbw