Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12/12/2006 - EVERYTHING BUT THE...


Lists were all made. Gifts have all been purchased and wrapped and crowding the tree. Cards have all been written, addressed, stamped and mailed. Some parties already behind us. A few still to come. Two Advent Sundays down. Two to go. Nicklaus Tag finished and the boots put away. Trees are all up. Lights are hung. Stockings are already getting stuffed. Can this really be true? Can it be that I am this far ahead of the "game"? Yes! Even the relatives in Germany should get their cards before Weinachten this year! Someone... pinch me! QUICK!

I only make a big deal about it because... well, it's a big deal to me! It is a rare thing when I don't have last minute things to do and buy and worry about. Of course I'm sure there will be some small things I'll want to add here and there between now and Christmas day - but I'll be able to do that without stress because everything else is taken care of! But I certainly can't take credit for all of this! It was a great team effort! I especially want to thank my bf for keeping me focused.

I think the kids are really getting excited! That's usually where I get my energy from too around this time of year - seeing their faces and the look of anticipation in their eyes. It's the best! I also love the traditions we have followed over the years and this year has been a little different because now that they are older - they work, and our schedules make getting everyone in the house together at the same time much more difficult! But we have managed to keep some semblance of those traditions alive! It's the memories we continue to create that warm my heart and soul.

So - it looks like all the preparations are pretty much done... everything is ready except for the weather... so bring on the SNOW!!!!!

WOOF ya later!
~ bbw