Monday, November 06, 2006

11/06/2006 - HAZY MONDAY MORNING...

Ok, so you might think I got lazy by not posting my own thoughts here for a while, and maybe you are right. But sometimes my thoughts are so jumbled and so varied and coming at me constantly from every direction, that I can't line them up and process them in any logical manner that would translate to print. Actually, I spend most of my life like that. Some call it ADD. Some call it extreme distraction. I just know it as "my life". When I do get a train of thought that is somewhat logical and interesting enough for me to want to explore and perhaps share here - then I try to find the time and the words to do it. I also have told myself that I would like to improve my discipline of blogging more regularly - even if there is nothing remotely interesting to write about. So if it seems sometimes like I'm just rambling or thinking out loud (in cyberspace!) then I probably am. Read on or click out!

It was hazy this morning... actually really foggy before I got up. I only know because my boyfriend got up first and looked outside. He let me sleep in because he loves me. Our drive home last night from Arkansas was one of the worst I've ever made. The rain came down so hard and with the 18-wheelers passing - there were many times I could not see the road at all. I was driving blind praying I was not drifting into oncoming traffic. There was also no safe place to pull off the road. Needless to say, I kept our speed slow and we "crawled" home. When we arrived, my muscles ached from the tension. Some hot tea and relaxation helped me fall asleep finally.

Today I'm trying to catch up on work. I came in late but won't take a lunch - other than the few minutes it takes me to write this.

We had a great weekend in Eureka Springs. I had never been before, and I didn't get to see everything on our short visit, but I would like to go back again sometime. It was Diversity Weekend so there were a lot of gay, bi and supportive people visiting. We met some very nice people from all over and may even have gotten some work doing wedding photography for a woman and her fiancee'. My boyfriend also made some design contacts that may translate into some design work for him. It was a relaxing but productive weekend.

We helped my boyfriend's brother celebrate his 30th birthday with his partner and his best friend. That was a lot of fun too!

Now I find myself back in the office on Monday, with a full schedule ahead of me, and hazy skies outside. I'm very at peace with myself today, and ready to face what the day, the week and the future has in store for me.

I pray for peace for you all as well.

WOOF ya later!
~ bbw