Monday, October 17, 2005

10/17/2005 - CATCHING UP...



I'm sitting here typing - rather bummed because I had already typed everything I wanted to say and just before posting it, I lost it all! Don't you hate when that happens???!!! I know I do!

Well I'm not in the mood to type it all over again - so I'll do the cheap, watered-down, summary version of my weekend...

I took a road-trip with my bf this weekend to visit with his children, brother and mom as well as some other friends and extended or ex (wife) family members. Overall - meeting everyone was nice. The kids are super - and being with them made me miss my own children a lot. Even though my bf and I had some great quality time together - I missed my wife too. We had agreed to "touch base" each day and that helped us as we both move forward into lives of independence.

I got a chance to visit the place where my bf grew up. We talked a lot about things that had happened there - people he knew, family events etc. I now have a physical location to match up with the stories he tells me about his childhood.

It was a long weekend, packed full of activity and it is good to be home again but I wouldn't trade the trip for anything. It was a wonderful adventure - and I look forward to many many more in my life.

So, even though sometimes I talk about simplifying my life - I guess I'll have to work on that... tomorrow...

Until then....

WOOF ya later!
- bbw

No comments:

Post a Comment