Monday, December 05, 2005

12/05/2005 - ON THE RUN...


No, I'm not trying to hide from the holiday crowds and the crazy mall traffic - although I will avoid them as much as I can... but I am moving forward in life at a rather quick clip! This past week and weekend were full of activities and it doesn't look like things will slow down for some time.

My bf and I participated in an art auction this past weekend, both contributing an original piece for sale. All time, supplies and artwork were donated by about 100 local artists, including five really good bands who supplied live music for the auction audience. There were also countless volunteers to help get the venue ready by cleaning, setting up tables, serving drinks - you name it! The event was a total success with amazing attendance and it raised over $11,000 for the Children's Health Fund. My wife, kids and other friends were in attendance and really enjoyed viewing the art and taking in the experience!

We also did our family Christmas cards in our typical family tradition. To make it more of a fun thing - we always go to a local restaurant early on a Saturday morning and order food to eat while we all write out cards, share stories and just basically have a fun time. We also include friends who want to participate and this year my bf came with us.

After doing our cards, we attended the Turtle Creek Chorale holiday concert. This was a first for my children and they really enjoyed the show!

As we get closer and closer to Christmas and New Years, our schedules get tighter and tighter. There are several evenings where I am double-booked and still trying to figure out how to be in two places at one time! No matter! I'm not going to stress out about it and will only do as much as I can. :)

This year the holidays will be somewhat different than in the past few years. Since our last church disbanded and since I'm no longer attending the new church - many of those old friends are no longer in touch with me or with my family. We are still sending them Christmas cards - but I will miss seeing their faces and sitting down to pot-lucks with them. I wish them all the best for their holidays and the coming year. Saying goodbye to the old usually means that we are also saying hello to something new. This year, my bf will participate in our family traditions, feasts and celebrations. I'm not sure how comfortable or awkward any of that will be, but if Thanksgiving is any indication - we are all going to have a wonderful, comfortable, very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

I'm more excited about the holidays this year than I have been in about 4 years... I hope you are excited too!

WOOF ya later!
- bbw

No comments:

Post a Comment